Maple Mustard Chicken Legs Recipe
- 12 oz. baby potatoes, halved
- 8 oz. small carrots, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Florida Pure Maple Bacon Infused Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs with thighs attached, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes and carrots in bottom of large baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with Florida Pure Maple Bacon Infused Sea Salt and pepper.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange, skin-side up, on top of vegetables in baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, stir together mustards, maple syrup, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Brush on top of chicken and drizzle any extra over vegetables.
4. Roast chicken until golden and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 160°, about 35 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and brush thighs with chicken drippings. Turn oven to broil and broil thighs until deeply golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with parsley before serving.